First step was to talk with each team to learn how they are currently using our time management system and compile a wishlist of features the team would like to see in the new system. Based on this information, I created and defined five categories to evaluate the different time management systems: 1) Project/Budget Management, 2) Timesheets, 3) Reporting, 4) System, and 5) Price. After looking at about ten different systems, I narrowed the list to three that I then evaluated based on the five categories. Harvest was the front runner with a near perfect score in all categories in my evaluation.
- #1 – Adding time is super easy! (Actually, everything from adding projects to reporting is very easy and intuitive.)
- Web-based platform that is accessible on a PC, Mac, mobile device, or desktop widget! (You can even track time via Twitter and Gmail!)
- Reporting was easy to use and met all of our reporting needs.
- It has a few additional features and possible integrations that are a nice bonus. We aren’t sure if, how, or when we will utilize them, but we are excited to explore them once we get everything else all set up.
- And last, the price was right for our budget.
eROI will be making its official move to Harvest on July 1st. The team is very excited. The Account Team and I are busy adding our projects and getting everything ready. So far, it has been a breeze.
Here is to time well spent.