Vice President of Strategy
The VP of Strategy has a passion for for digital marketing, evidenced by years of experience in researching, strategizing and launching innovative digital work for major global brands.
This agency leader understands the importance of building seamless digital experiences for modern consumers and knows how to conduct research to inform those experiences.
Our VP of Strategy is a leader, critical thinker and skilled communicator. eROI’s Strategy team—comprised of Strategy, Performance, Marketing Operations and IT —collaborates closely on a daily basis to solve complex challenges for our partners. The Strategy team serves as the research engine of the agency, ensuring our work across digital channels tracks back to real, tangible insights about our partners, audiences and measurable goals. The VP of Strategy is an expert not only in market research, but how to turn qualitative + quantitative insights into actionable recommendations for our clients.
The ideal candidate has an extensive marketing background, with hands-on experience managing the inner-workings of a digital marketing agency, including new business development. This leadership role is a highly visible figure within the agency, confidently driving not only our work, but the health and success of agency operations and culture.
- Executive Team member of the agency, helping plan for and guide overall agency direction, business initiatives, operational efficiency and structure. Other Executive Team members include Exec Creative Director, VP of Partner Services, and CEO.
- Direct management, coaching and development of Strategy, Performance, Operations and IT team members. Includes consistent 1:1’s, creating and tracking performance plans and driving career development for each individual team member.
- Key driver of creating and pitching new business development opportunities, including researching and vetting new opportunities, leading pitch/proposal creation and delivering polished pitch presentations in a variety of settings.
- Effective problem solver that consistently maintains composure and confidence in the face of challenges and serves as a unifying force across teams and departments.
- Confident, poised and visible agency leader, with frequent facilitation and guidance in agency events, department and staff meetings, and annual planning sessions.
- Highly effective in intrapersonal communication, both written and verbal, with the ability to work and collaborate across multiple team and personality types.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
- Highly knowledgeable in best practices and key functions of digital marketing channels and concepts: Site (U/X, Information Architecture), Email, Social Media, Search, Mobile and Paid Media. Understanding and experience with how these channels integrate to form an ideal customer experience.
- Working knowledge of the purposes and functionality of marketing software; ESPs (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, IBM Marketing Cloud Email), CRMs, Marketing Automation tools, etc.
- Extensive background in tracking of digital marketing programs, including a working knowledge of Google Analytics. This includes setting and tracking KPIs across key digital channels – i.e. knowing what to look for to gauge the success of digital campaigns and where to find that data.
- Highly skilled and experienced in Google Docs suite, including building presentations in Slides, navigating and analyzing data in Sheets and familiarity with creating, sharing and organizing documents.
- Highly knowledgeable in SEO/SEM best practices with high functioning knowledge of AdWords (certification preferred).
- 8-10 years experience in digital marketing, preferably within an agency setting.
- 5+ years’ of leadership and management experience, having coached, lead and grown team members across a wide spectrum of disciplines.
- Extensive expertise in omnichannel digital marketing, including websites, social media, email, and mobile channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business, or a related and relevant field.
- Knowledge of and interest in workforce diversity issues is highly valued.
- Experience working with diverse communities a plus.
*eROI is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.