HTML Email Developer
We are looking for an HTML Email Developer to join our team of critical + creative thinkers.
eROI creates digital experiences across email, web, and social media for consumer brands. Our Creative Team is unique—comprising Content, Design, and Development—collaborating across the agency to create thoughtful solutions to unique challenges with a focus on growing our partners’ market impact and improving their customers’ lives.
Our roots started in email, which means we’re #emailgeeks. Landing pages, modular templates, and dynamic content are part of a standard email program. We believe in innovation and pushing email beyond the expected boundaries. In working with us, you will be working with email experts who are active participants and leaders within the email community.
The HTML Email Developer reports to the assigned Senior Developer for project related tasks, and the Art Director for general guidance, one-on-ones, and professional career progress.
HTML Email Developer would be responsible for:
- Producing code of highly complex email templates for multiple email service providers (ESPs) including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IBM Watson (formerly Silverpop), MailChimp, CheetahMail, and others.
- Testing and validating emails using Litmus, our quality assurance (QA) program, to ensure consistent renderings across email clients and devices.
- Researching Email Service Providers (ESPs), add-ons, and latest technical trends and features in email marketing.
- Writing blog posts, technical documentation and training guides to support clients and the internal team.
- Working closely and collaborating with other departments to ensure emails adhere to email best practices.
- Balancing workload across several different clients and email campaigns.
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds.
- Ability to hand-code HTML and CSS.
- Ability to hand-code efficient and semantic HTML emails.
- Knowledge of responsive email development.
- Understanding of coding best practices to ensure accessibility and validity.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and other email marketing regulations.
- Self-reliant: Seeks out solutions with all the tools at hand.
- General knowledge of design/photo editing tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- Knowledge with version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- Experience creating and managing marketing automation programs.
- Knowledge of accessibility specifications.
- Experience with email templating languages.
- Technical writing skills.
- Understanding of design principles.
- Experience with RESTful API integrations.
- Understanding of database logic with the ability to write SQL.
- Passionate about email marketing and driven to constantly improve and develop your skills.
- Individually focused and driven while able to work as part of a team.
- Caring, opinionated, and passionate about the work you do and able to articulate this well.
- Loves a challenge and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of and interest in workforce diversity issues is highly valued.
- Experience working with diverse communities a plus.
- eROI is an equal opportunity employer.
- Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.