Director of Technology
At eROI, we infuse humanity into the relationships between people and brands. People are drawn to familiarity, intrigue, excitement, and meaning, whether that’s a website, a conversation on social media, a marketing campaign, or a brand’s story.
We work as highly collaborative and integrated teams, dedicated to strategic, creative, and development excellence. Everyone has a strategic mind, a creative identity, and a shared accountability for driving our partner’s businesses.
As Director of Technology, your job is to use your fluency and passion for platforms and languages – and the human behavior that drives it – to lead the creation of integrated and innovative ideas for our partners.
You’ll also play a key role in integrating the development group into projects to provide expert insights and guidance into where the work is headed and how we’ll get there. You’ll step in on day 1 to help lead, manage and grow our capabilities as an agency.
- Lead and manage the Technology Team, consisting of web developers, email developers, sysadmins, and any future roles that would live in this department
- Be a leader in the definition, implementation, roadmap development, pre-sales, and delivery of development and technology strategies
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve goals
- Lead technical discovery with internal and external partners/collaborators
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Mentor and grow our great talent through cross-training and educational programs
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Assist in resourcing decisions
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Must be able to navigate complex contracts while accounting for risk
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Have experience with architecture, including the backend, messaging, and UI layers
- Able to define and communicate requirements to the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in web development roles with 5+ years experience in a manager-level role in web development, web technology, or related experience
- Experience in IT Consulting/Services
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating successful contracts
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Promote and follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with organization and regulatory policies and standards
- Have experience in rapid prototyping across different architectural layers, i.e. database, application server, workflow, messaging, and user interface
- Demonstrate extensive experience in an Agile development environment such as Lean, Extreme Programming (XP) and/or Scrum. Knowledge of the development lifecycle, production implementation, and post implementation support
- Experience with version control using git
- Understanding of quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Experience working in a cross functional team and the ability to collaborate with designers, content writers, data analysts and other team members
- Create and cultivate growth plans and career paths for the department
- Supervise, train, and mentor employees: including organizing, prioritizing and managing project and resourcing timelines
- Conduct appropriate code and test reviews for assigned projects
- Maintain awareness of best practices and trends in current and future technologies
- Collaborates with executive and senior leadership to identify and propose technology solution opportunities with existing clients and new prospects
- Identify opportunities for outside vendor partnerships
- Audit and revise existing systems to suggest and implement improvements
- Responsible for Operational and Capital Expenditures
The above is not an exhaustive list. In the spirit of collaboration and growth, our expectation is that you will shape and grow your role beyond what’s listed. If you’re saying “Cool, sign me up!” let’s talk.
eROI is committed to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Candidates from underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.